A small group of experienced trial attorneys started this firm in 1990. We believed then — and still believe today — that a group of lawyers focused on helping clients resolve conflicts could provide better results than a firm that tries to “do it all.”
Our attorneys regularly appear in federal and state courts and represent clients before federal and state administrative agencies, and the professional licensing boards in North Carolina.
Our clients include:
- Professionals and professional firms, including CPAs, attorneys, architects and other professional services providers.
- Health care providers, including, hospitals, health care systems, physician practices, and care facilities.
- Insurance carriers, especially those that provide professional liability insurance.
- Public and private businesses
- Nonprofits, churches, universities and schools.
Our clients come to us with a problem, usually a claim another is asserting against them, or a situation where they may need to assert a claim. We protect our clients’ assets and reputation. We shield them from harm. We seek to create solutions, rather than add to problems. Whenever possible, we seek to create opportunity out of adversity.
In addition to civil litigation, we also have attorneys experienced in criminal defense, including white collar defense and criminal appeals. We also provide mediation services.
Sharpless McClearn Lester Duffy, PA is a Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rated law firm. Several of our attorneys are regularly recognized as “Best Lawyers” and /or “Super Lawyers” based on client and peer rankings.