Eugene E. Lester IIIPartner
- Greensboro Zoning Commission, Chairman
- Guilford County Board of Elections, Secretary
- Criminal Justice Act Panel, member
- Judicial Independence Committee, NC Bar Association
- Kiwanis Club of Greensboro
- Guilford County Inn of Court, former associate
- Joseph Branch Inn of Court, former barrister
- Sedgefield Presbyterian Church, Elder
- Lee v. Cooper, 801 S.E.2d 371 (N.C. Ct. App. 2017)
- Khwaja v. Khan, 239 N.C. App. 87, 767 S.E.2d 901 (2015)
- United States v. McManus, 734 F.3d 315 (4th Cir. 2013)
- D.P. Sols., Inc. v. Xplore-Tech Servs. Private Ltd., 225 N.C. App. 840, 738 S.E.2d 829 (2013)
- N. Carolina State Bar v. Sossomon, 197 N.C. App. 261, 676 S.E.2d 910 (2009)
- United States v. Goodine, 400 F.3d 202 (4th Cir. 2005)
- Greene v. Rogers Realty & Auction Co., Inc., 159 N.C. App. 466, 586 S.E.2d 278 (2003)
- Mitchell v. Linville, 148 N.C. App. 71, 557 S.E.2d 620 (2001)
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Greensboro Bar Association
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 1996
- B.S., Binghamton University, 1993 (summa cum laude)
- Professional liability
- Criminal defense
- Personal injury
- Trial and appellate
- Property and eminent domain
- Domestic and estate
- Workers’ compensation
Gene is an experienced litigator who focuses on helping people and companies resolve disputes.
He has handled jury trials in state and federal courts, and appeals in the North Carolina Court of Appeals and Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Gene’s practice includes domestic law, commercial litigation, professional liability, employment, workers’ compensation, personal injury and wrongful death, as well as federal criminal defense.
Before joining Sharpless McClearn Lester Duffy, PA in 1998, Gene clerked for the Honorable P. Trevor Sharp, U.S. Magistrate Judge of the Middle District of North Carolina.
He received his law degree from the Wake Forest University School of Law in 1996, where he was a member of the Moot Court Board. He completed his undergraduate studies at Binghamton University in 1993 with a bachelor of science degree in management and a concentration in East Asian studies.
Gene lives in Greensboro, N.C., with his family.