Melanie C. Cormier
- New York State Bar, 2019
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division Third Judicial Department
- New York State Bar Association
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2018 (cum laude)
- B.A., Experimental Psychology, University of South Carolina, 2015 (summa cum laude)
Melanie graduated from Wake Forest University School of Law cum laude in 2018, earning the National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Student Award.
While in law school, she was an Articles Editor for the Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law and President of Sports and Entertainment Law Society. Melanie was also a Student Bar Association Representative.
In addition to providing over 130 hours of pro bono legal services, she was a member of the Pro Bono Honor Society and the Project Co-Coordinator for Expungement Clinic. Melanie was also a certified student practitioner in the Community Law and Business Clinic where she assisted clients in non-profit organizations and forming LLCs, and participated in the Microtrade Development Clinic in Nicaragua.
Melanie is a Massachusetts native. She graduated summa cum laude from the University of South Carolina in 2015 with a degree in experimental psychology. She was a student-athlete and won a National Championship in 2015 as part of the equestrian team.
Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with her dog, yoga, traveling, and Boston sports.
* Not yet licensed to practice law in North Carolina