Peter F. O’ConnellPartner
- North Carolina State Bar, 2008
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Greensboro Bar Association
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2008 (magna cum laude)
- B.S., University of Alabama, 1992 (magna cum laude)
- Medical malpractice defense
- Legal malpractice defense
- Commercial litigation and business torts
- Personal injury
- Estate and trust litigation
Peter O’Connell advocates for clients in a variety of disputes, including professional malpractice claims, business litigation, personal injury cases, and estate and trust litigation. He represents clients in all state and federal courts in North Carolina and is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Before becoming a lawyer, Peter was a journalist. He spent seven years as a reporter and editor at the Las Vegas Review-Journal and before that six years as a reporter and editor at newspapers in Andalusia, Alabama, Natchez, Mississippi, and Florence, South Carolina. He was the editor-in-chief of the daily student newspaper at the University of Alabama.
Peter and his wife, Wendy, live in Greensboro and have three children. He has spent several years as a volunteer head youth baseball coach at Spears YMCA and the Summerfield Recreation Association.